Thursday, July 14, 2011

Paint Colors

I often get asked about the paint colors in my house, especially in the nursery and the living/dining room, so I thought I would share a few.
In the nursery I used Martha Stewart  "Flagstone" from Home Depot.


I recently had someone ask about my bedroom. I used Glidden "China Rain," but it was a couple years ago when I painted so I'm not sure if they still have that color available.


The living room was a color I found while I was still in school in a really old Benjamin Moore swatch book that was in our sample library. I think the date on it was from sometime in the 80's. Anyway, the paint swatch only had a number on the back so I never new the name. I had Columbia match it. Well, just a couple weeks ago I stumbled upon the swatch and guess what! I just googled the number, and Benjamin Moore still carries the paint color!! It's called Antique Pewter.


There you have it! And thanks for the questions. I love that people are stumbling upon my blog.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good info! I think I'll use it :)

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Amber, I found your blog through Kristin's and I am loving your house. Do you remember me from design school? I was a year ahead..anyways, I would love to do a feature of your home on my design blog {danielleoakeyinteriors.blogspot.com}, email me and we can chat! danielle.oakey@gmail.com

Kat said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from Danielle's and the first question that I had was "What are those paint colors?!" and TA-DA, the first page I pull up is this one :) I love your colors. Gorgeous!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i found your blog through danielle's and LOVE your home- love the clean lines and cool colors... your master bedroom is amazing!

KellyH said...

I love your house! It's all so beautiful! Seriously. And your kitchen is so stinkin' cute. You did a great job workin' with what you had!

StubbsFamily said...

Thanks, I was just coming over here to look for the grey paint color.

Misty said...

i just found your blog! i love it! i am painting my kitchen this week & love the colors in your home :)

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Amber, your home is beautiful! I love the paint colors you have chosen. I would love to add a few of your room images to the paint and room galleries on my site and do a feature blog post on your home. You wouldn't have to do a thing, just let me know if you're interested! Do you know the paint color in your craft room? Thanks!